Methodism in Circleville started within a year after the establishment of Pickaway County in 1810. According to Van Cleaf’s History of Pickaway County, the Methodist Episcopal Class was the first religious group to be organized in Circleville.
In 1820 they built a church on two lots on Watt Street; it was destroyed by fire in 1851. The trustees immediately bought a lot on the corner of Pickaway and Main Streets and built a new structure at a cost of $12,000. The building was ruled unsafe because of a shallow foundation and was razed in 1908.
The new and present structure was dedicated in 1910 featuring art glass windows, class rooms, and modern facilities.
Membership Level: Full Membership